What happens when you are in the middle of winning the game but suddenly your phone freezes? Well, you might think your phone is an error. Yep! It is true. Yet, still, you could repair it.
You just need to force restart your phone with a frozen screen and everything will turn to be normal again. Of course, to restart iPhone 11, you must turn it off first. Then, what to do to turn off iPhone 11 when it frozen? You must question it, right?
Good for you to read this article because this is a professional guide for iphone users on how to turn off an iPhone 11 frozen and the steps to restart the frozen screen. Anyway, let’s check it out for further info in the following explanation below!
Steps to Turn Off iPhone 11 When Frozen or Freeze
You might feel worried when your phone suddenly stops working and freezes. Well, do not be afraid. You may force restart it to turn your many iPhone users back.
You do not need to restart or go to the Apple Center, though. Let you follow these helpful steps below!
- #1 Step
The first step you must do is to press and hold the Volume up button for seconds. Then release volume button and go to #2.
Do the same with the Volume Down button. These two volume buttons are located on the side button of your iPhone device.
The next and last instruction to do is to press and hold the side button until the apple logo appears on your iPhone screen. It is also called the side button.
For your information, the power button is usually used to make your Apple logo device sleep, but it could shut down your Apple logo iphone 11. Remember to ignore the ‘Slide To Power Off’ selection.
Perform a force restart to unfreeze your iPhone 11
Unlike a normal reboot, a restart iPhone or hard reset will forcefully cut off power to all activities in your iPhone 11, ending all faulty processes that may make your iPhone 11 freeze.
And then it starts everything afresh and boots up all software processes anew.
- Click and quickly let go of the Volume Up button.
- Press and immediately release the Volume Down butt.
- Press the Power Button without releasing it until you see the white apple logo appears.
Fix your iPhone 11 with Mobitrix Perfix
If, until now, your iPhone 11 is still iPhone frozen and unresponsive, try Mobitrix Perfix.
It is a simple, smart, and secure solution to help you repair 200+ iOS system issues. You will unfreeze your iPhone 11 at home without any technical skills and no data loss.
- Set up Mobitrix Perfix on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone 11 with a USB cable, and lightning.
- Launch Mobitrix, click Start, then Fix Now.
Give it around 30 minutes to complete the process. Your iPhone 11 should restart iphone, and the freezing issue is fixed.
Here’s a detailed video tutorial on how to use Mobitrix Perfix:
Update or restore your iPhone with iTunes
The other solution is to update or restore your iPhone 11 using iTunes or the Finder app. There are two ways to go about it.
Via Recovery mode
Recovery mode is a special troubleshooting mode that allows iTunes to communicate with your iPhone 11 iOS firmware on a computer.
You can use it to erase the iPhone 11 and then set it up again as new or from a backup. Hopefully, this will unfreeze your iPhone 11.
- Connect your iPhone 11 to a computer and open iTunes.
- Press and immediately release Volume Up button, and repeat the same step for the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold down the Side home button. When the apple logo appears on your screen, don’t let go of the button. Keep holding it down until the recovery mode screen appears, then release it.
- Put your iPhone 11 in recovery mode
- On your PC or Mac, select your iPhone 11 in iTunes. A message will pop up indicating your iPhone 11 has entered recovery mode.
- You will see the options to either Update or Restore. Select Update to see if it fixes the freezing issue. If not, repeat the process and, this time, click Restore.
Update or Restore iPhone 11 with recovery mode.
Via DFU mode
Suppose recovery mode doesn’t fix your iPhone frozen, resort to DFU recovery mode. DFU mode is more comprehensive and can help solve more difficult issues. While in DFU mode, your iPhone 11 will be powered on but won’t boot up the Apple logo iOS device, allowing you to make iOS changes while it isn’t running. Check if the USB cable is connected well with the jack, or try a different USB cable or power adapter.
- Open iTunes latest version on a computer.
- Shut down your iPhone 11 and connect it to a Mac or PC.
- Put your iPhone 11 in DFU mode.
- Press the Volume Up button and quickly release it. Repeat the same for the Vol. Down button.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and wait a few seconds until the screen goes black, if there are any icons on the white screen, your iPhone 11 is not yet in DFU mode.
- As you continue holding the Sleep/Wake button, again hold down the Vol. Down button for a while.
- Let go of the Sleep/Wake Home button while you hold the Vol. Down button.
- Once the iTunes/Finder app on your computer shows it has detected your iPhone in recovery mode, release the Vol. Down button.
- On the iTunes app, click Restore iPhone 11.
By restoring your software and the ios firmware, DFU restores should fix your freezing iPhone 11.
Erase your iPhone 11
You can eliminate all faulty apps, activities, settings, etc. By factory resetting your iPhone 11 is frozen. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone 11. Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
If your iPhone 11 is frozen is too stuck for you to do anything about it, you can erase all the content and data remotely with iCloud. But this requires that your Find My App has been enabled beforehand. Since your iPhone 11 is frozen, you will use another iOS firmware device to access your device or iCloud account.
- On another iPhone or iPad, open the latest version Find iPhone app. You can also visit iCloud.com using a computer’s web browser to sign in to your iCloud account.
- Click All Devices and select your iPhone 11.
- Erase iPhone 11 using iCloud
- Click Erase iPhone 11.
This process will wipe all your data from the iPhone 11, and you can return to using your device as usual.
Fix iPhone 11 frozen on apps
Sometimes iPhone frozen app(s) can make your iPhone 11 unresponsive. If that is the case, you may have to delete, uninstall or update the app to fix the situation.
Permanently deleting the suspected app will remove it and all its related data from your iPhone 11. That clears out errors caused by the app and could stop your iPhone 11 from freezing.
- On your home screen, tap and hold the app you want to delete.
- Click the latest version Remove App.
- On the new pop-up, tap Delete App. Lastly, tap Delete to confirm your actions.
Delete an app from the home screen: How to Delete Apps on iPhone 11 Permanently.
The App Library or the Settings App can also be used to delete apps.
Another way is to uninstall unused or faulty apps. This frees up the iPhone’s memory, helping the iPhone load faster. But it keeps the app’s related settings and data, so you can restore them if you ever reinstall the app again.
- Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone storage.
- Tap the application to uninstall and click Offload App.
- Tap Offload App once more to confirm your decision.
Uninstalling apps on iPhone 11
If an outdated app was causing the same It is possible that there was a hardware problem on your device before, then updating it should return your iPhone to normal. All apps downloaded from the App Store will automatically update by default. But if that fails, then you should manually update it to fix the iPhone 11 frozen on apps issue.
- Go to the App Store and click on your Profile Icon at the top of your display.
- A list with all your apps will appear, and you can scroll to see if there are any available updates or release notes.
- Tap Update on the app you want to update or tap the Update All button to update all pending updates.
In addition, consider a factory reset. A factory reset will delete your device’s data, settings, and apps, restoring it to its original factory settings.
How to Avoid to Freeze-Up your iPhone
Your device might be frozen too often. This must trouble you because you suddenly cannot use it for some purposes. Then, there are some ways you could at least try to do it. What are they? Let’s see it below!
Updating your iPhone 11
You do not need to purchase the updated, new iPhone device. Instead, you should update its software. Why won’t you make use of your Apple Store? Let you update all your applications! Yet, remember to update your device’s software first.
Protect your phone by installing antivirus so that there might not be any virus on your phone. Your antivirus app will detect it and automatically scan your phone!
That’s all about turning off your iPhone 11 frozen. If you would like to turn off other frozen iPhone devices, you could try those steps because they are suitable for most Apple devices. If in doubt, see the post How to Hard Reset iPhone 11.
Why is my iPhone 11 frozen and won’t restart iPhone?
There may be several possible reasons. If your iPhone 11 frozen and does not restart by the power button(Be sure to hold the power button down for as long as it takes your iPhone to restart), check if your frozen iPhone battery is low. It is also possible that your iPhone 11 has run out of storage space. Also, freezing iPhones may be caused by faulty apps or some apps that are not compatible with your software. And finally, your operating system is outdated and this causes software errors. But if the system issue isn’t resolved up to this point, it is probably a hardware problem.
Will I have data loss if I force restart iPhone 11?
Running a forced reboot will not erase all your data. On the contrary, performing a force restart of a frozen iPhone 11 is functional if it is frozen, won’t turn on, or needs troubleshooting. As a last resort, you always have iTunes or iCloud backup.
Why can’t I force shut down my iPhone 11?
If your device does not respond to a forced reboot, it could be one of these reasons: the frozen iPhone is frozen due to software It is possible that there is a hardware problem on your device on your device. The sleep/wake button is broken. The screen is broken and unresponsive.
Generally, the suggested way to revive your iPhone 11 through a hard reset solves the freezing issue. If your frozen iPhone freezes again, it’s worth contacting Apple support. By the way, while you’re out of touch, you can get help from voicemail. Set up your voicemail, so you don’t miss anything interesting.