In case that your iPhone 11 was gone (lost, or stolen), you can get it back if you have set up ‘Find My iPhone’. If not, it still can help you to make sure that no one can access your data. It is essential to activate Find My iPhone before everything is too late. If you want to set up and turn on Find My iPhone 11, lets check below.
Steps to Set up and Turn on Find My iPhone on Your iPhone 11
This is a great tool to find lost and stolen iPhones with the built-in GPS to track your device on a map. It makes you able to lock and even delete all data from your iPhone over the internet to make sure that there is no thief can access it.
This tool is the free part of iCloud. Therefore, to use this tool means you must have an iCloud account. It is important to note that the tool only supports iPhone with iOS 5 and newer. You also can use it for the third-generation iPod touch, or an iPad.
Setting Up Find My iPhone on your iPhone 11
It is a free tool and that is the big reason why you should set up it. As we explained before, you must have an iCloud account. The account may have the same username and password as the iTunes account. Do the steps below if you are not signed in:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Find My.
- If you want friends and family to know where you are, turn on Share My Location.
- Tap Find My [device], then turn on Find My [device].
- To see your device even when it’s offline, turn on Find My network.
- To have the location of your device sent to Apple when the battery is low, turn on Send Last Location.
If you want to be able to find your lost device on a map, make sure that Location Services is turned on. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn on Location Services.
Enable Find My iPhone in iCloud Settings
Once you enable the iCloud, now enable Find My iPhone to finish the process. Follow the steps to start (If you are on the iCloud screen already, start from the step 3):
- Go to Settings.
- Hit iCloud.
- Hit Find My iPhone.
- Toggle the Find My iPhone to On for iOS 5 and 6, or until green in iOS 7 and higher.
- For some iOS version, there will be a second slider to ask you about Send Last Location. Enable it means you agree to let the device send its last location to Apple when the battery is empty. It is because Find My iPhone cannot work on any iPhones with no battery power and this is the alternative to tell you the location of the device when the battery is out of power. Enable it is recommendable.
It depends on the iOS version that you are using. Some iPhone users may receive a message to tell you that you understand when you turn on the GPS tracking, not to track your movements. Tap Allow to enable Find My iPhone.
That’s a simple guide to set up and turn on Find My iPhone on Your iPhone 11, happy practice and stay enthusiastic during this pandemic.