In this super quick guide, we won’t go into particularly complicated cases and will only talk about how to soft reset iPhone 11. If a simple reboot via Settings app doesn’t work, we’ll leave you links at the end to continue the path.
Nowadays, smartphones become an important device used for communication. You enable to have a phone call with all people, send short messages, or even using an e-mail. iPhone must be one of the lovely devices that has complete features and lasts long. Yet, what if it suddenly stops working?
You need to soft restart your iPhone by going to the iPhone center. Thus, if you wish, you could do it yourself once you find your iPhone frozen. Anyway, this time, we are going to discuss how to restart or soft reset the unresponsive iPhone 11. Let’s check it out for further info below!
What is Soft Reset for iPhone 11
A soft reset is a standard way to force a reboot of your Apple iPhone if you encounter user problems. This is something that can fix screen freezes, no response or connectivity issues, recurring errors, etc. A soft reset of your Apple device will shut down and update all apps at once.
Restarting of iPhone is a great way to fix minor software glitches and problems. If your iPhone hangs, crashes, or shows irregularities, soft resetting can be a great solution to the problem. In the simplest version, it’s turning the device off and on. And that’s exactly where to start!
Is soft reset dangerous for user’s data?
No, a soft restart does not affect the data on your iPhone 11 Pro Max or any other 11 model. You don’t need to save your data before performing a soft reset because it does not delete any of the essential data saved on your device. Instead, a soft reset is the process of restarting a device without deleting any of the data or settings on it.
However, it is always a good idea to back up your data regularly to avoid losing important information. You can back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes.
What Are the Ways to Soft Reset a Glitchy iPhone?
We can recommend several ways of soft resetting. Spoiler: they work with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and beyond! Okay, here’s the whole list how to restart Apple iPhone:
- via volume and side button way,
- with Settings app,
- using Siri.
Steps to Restart Your iPhone via Button Combination
If you are going to soft reset your iPhone device, you need to read some useful instructions in the following details!
- Press and hold the Volume up button and the Side button at the same time. Anyway, the Side button is located on the top right side of your iPhone while the Volume button on the top left side one.
- Soon, there will be a notif of ‘power off side button’ pops up. Let you swipe it to the right and your iPhone will automatically be off.
- Turn on your iPhone by holding down the power button for seconds until it vibrates and Apple logo appears. Well done! Your phone will restart itself. Easy, right?
Steps to Soft Reset your iPhone via Settings App
This method is so simple, it takes longer to write than to do.
- Step 1. Simply go to General in the Settings app.
- Step 2. Scroll to the bottom and tap Shut down.
- Step 3. Wait for all services to stop and then turn your iPhone back on.
Force restart via Settings app only works if the screen responds. If the device is frozen, it is better to use volume and side button method.
Soft Resetting Using Siri
All Apple owners know about Siri, but not everyone knows how much it can do. By the way, this virtual assistant is not only in iPhones, but in all iOS devices, including iPadOS, watchOS, macOS and tvOS.
You can use Siri to softly reboot your iPhone by simply saying “Hey Siri, restart my iPhone“. Give a voice command, confirm the action and that’s all you need.
The Benefits of Doing a Soft Reset
There are two kinds of iPhone reset. They are hard reset and soft reset. Then, why are people likely to choose soft reset than hard reset? Because they offer some advantages, such as:
- Simple and easy to do. To restart your device is very easy; you just need to press and hold the volume up and power button. It is different from the hard reset that has so many complicated steps to do!
- Safe data. Doing a soft reset, you do not need to backup your data such as pictures, music, videos, recordings, documents, etc. You will not lose them. However, if you hard reset or factory reset your iPnone it is a must to back up your data or you will lose it.
- No apps. You do not need to install certain applications to soft reset your device though.
- Save energy and time. To restart your iPhone 11, you just need less than 5 minutes. You even can do it for a minute if you used to.
FAQs about Reboot and Reset Modes
Does soft reset work the same for all the 11 models?
Yes, soft reset works exactly the same for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. The soft restart has the same purpose for all other iPhone models.
What to do if the Apple logo keeps not showing up?
If you have done a reset and now want to turn on your smartphone, but the Apple logo still does not appear, it may be a matter of low charge. Put your iPhone on charge and try again after a while.
How to reset iPhone 11 without wiping all data?
You can soft reset your iPhone 11 without wiping all data by following these steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
This will restart your iPhone 11 without erasing any data.
What are the reset modes for iPhone?
There are several reset modes for iPhone. Here are some of them:
- Reset All Settings: This resets all settings to their default values or factory settings. It does not erase any data.
- Erase All Content and Settings: factory reset erases all data and settings from your iPhone.
- Reset Network Settings: This resets your network settings to their default values.
- Reset Keyboard Dictionary: This resets the keyboard dictionary to its default values.
- Reset Home Screen Layout: This resets the layout of your home screen to its default values.
- DFU mode stands for Device Firmware Update mode: This restores your iPhone to its original state using iTunes
- Recovery mode is the last resort, because it restores iPhone to the state as it was out of the box.
Well, that’s all about how to soft reset iPhone 11. Since it is easy, you should try to do it yourself at home. Happy trying!
P.S. Worried about missing an important call while you’re reloading your iPhone? Set up your voicemail so you can stay calm next time.