Having a smartphone must be such a pleasure because it is very helpful for communication and also entertainment. It may support your photography hobby, too. Yet, sometimes, you might find it suddenly frozen. This must make you worried. Well, it is okay, you could still use your phone after you restart iPhone 11 when frozen. Yet, how to do it fast?
If you have not restarted your device before, you need to read this article. On this occasion, we are going to discuss some ways of how to force restart the iPhone 11. Let’s check it out for further info and detail below!
What Are the Signs Frozen iPhone
Some signs that your iPhone 11 may be frozen or unresponsive include:
- The screen is black or frozen.
- The device doesn’t respond when you touch it.
- The device becomes stuck when you turn it on.
It also happens that iPhone 11 may freeze during an update. There are many situations that can cause iPhone 11 freeze problem.
Running multiple programs on your Apple device at the same time affects performance, which causes the iPhone to freeze. In addition, unlicensed apps can be the culprit, as well as a corrupted program that has been found to have vulnerabilities. The tip is always the same – try to restart your iPhone 11!
How do you know if your iPhone might freeze soon
There are also some precursors that your iPhone 11 Pro Max is on the verge of freezing. Pay attention to these situations:
- Your iPhone is overheating.
- The device is running slower than usual.
- Your iPhone’s battery life is shorter than usual.
- Some apps or features are slowing down.
- Your iPhone is asking for permission to update, but you are delaying it.
What causes iPhone 11 Pro Max frozen or untouched screen
There are several reasons why an iPhone may freeze. These are the main reasons:
- Your operating system is outdated.
- Infrequent iPhone reboots.
- Problematic or “buggy” apps.
- Your iPhone is running out of storage space.
- Your battery is low.
Apple releases updates to the iPhone’s iOS operating system specifically to keep ahead of performance issues in its operating system. If your iPhone is freezing, the source could be a software issue that an update from Apple has already fixed. Check for uninstalled software updates in your iPhone’s settings to make sure you’re not missing any system or stability fixes.
Restarting your iPhone regularly can help prevent freezing issues. It can also help improve your iPhone’s performance and battery life. Rebooting your iPhone can help fix issues ranging from low battery, poor Wi-Fi and Bluetooth performance, to app glitches. It is useful because it stops the background processes of the device.
How often should I reboot my iPhone?
This is the question that Apple professionals answer as follows:
The frequency with which you reboot your iPhone depends on a number of factors, including how often you use the device, the types of applications you use, and recent changes to the device. As a general rule, it is recommended that you reboot your iPhone at least once a week to keep it running smoothly.
Apps don’t go straight from the developer’s computer onto the App Store. Apple first reviews every app for serious programming defects and compliance with its developer guidelines, but the review process cannot catch every bug that might be hiding in the source code.
If your iPhone tends to freeze while you are using a particular app, then that app is likely the problem. You can check to see if there is an updated version of the app or delete the app and download it again, but if the problem persists you should stop using that app.
Low Available Space
Just because you have 64GB, 128GB or more of storage on your iPhone doesn’t mean you should try to stuff apps and multimedia onto every last megabyte. When your iPhone’s storage capacity is full, your device has a harder time functioning and becomes more likely to suffer slowdowns or freezes.
If your iPhone has little or no free space, removing some multimedia content might improve its performance and stability. You don’t need to purge your data irretrievably, just use cloud storage services.
If your iPhone is frozen on a blank screen, the problem could be that you need to recharge your battery. According to Apple, when your iPhone’s battery level is low, your device’s screen could stay blank for up to 10 minutes before displaying the low battery image.
If the battery is completely drained, it could take up to 20 minutes of charging before your device begins working normally again. When your iPhone notifies you the battery is down to 10 percent of capacity, you should recharge it at the first opportunity.
Steps to Restart Your iPhone 11 When Frozen Easily
There are some easy steps to restart your iPhone device. They are easy to do; you could even do it by yourself. What are they? Let’s take a look at them in the following details!
- Press and hold the power button and the volume button (either volume up or volume down). They exist on the top right and left side of your iPhone 11 itself.
- Hold them for seconds together, at the same time until the ‘power off’ slide pops up. Then, you just need to drag it. Then, wait for your device to shut off itself.
- Once your device is off, let you turn it on by pressing and holding the power button until the Apple logo appears.
How else can I get my iPhone out of frozen screen?
In addition to a forced reboot, there are other methods to fix a frozen iPhone. There are third-party apps for rescuing Apple gadgets that often suffer from an unresponsive screen.
All of these tools are easy to use and effectively restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod. As for Model 11 specifically, they are suitable for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, Or 11 Pro Max. Let’s talk about a few of them.
Dr.Fone – System Repair
- Dr.Fone – System Repair is a powerful tool that helps in resolving the iPhone frozen screen issue.
- It can fix common and difficult screen issues, including black screen, white screen of death, restart mode, and recovery mode.
- It is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot is a software that can help you fix various iOS system issues such as iPhone stuck on Apple logo, black screen of death, and more.
- It is developed by Tenorshare. As developers say, Tenorshare ReiBoot can fix 150+ iOS/iPadOS/tvOS system problems.
- iMyFone Fixppo is a desktop software that offers three core functions, namely Apple System Repair, Reset iDevices, iOS Upgrade/Downgrade.
- It allows you to restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with one click without passwords or data loss.
iOS System Recovery
- The tool is easy to use and effective in repairing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- iOS System Recovery can troubleshoot a vast majority of known system problems including device got black screen, stuck in recovery mode, on a boot loop, on the spinning cycle screen, and more.
- It has higher recovering rate than iTunes.
How to restart your iPhone when an app glitches
There are several reasons why an app can cause your iPhone to freeze. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- The app is not up to date.
- The app is too large or too complex for your iPhone’s hardware.
- The app is not compatible with your iPhone’s operating system.
- The app has a bug or glitch that causes it to crash.
If you’re experiencing issues with an app on your iPhone, try updating the app to the latest version. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the problem persists, you may want to contact the app developer for assistance.
Any way, if an app on your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max is not working properly, you can try restarting your device.
Here’s how you can restart your iPhone 11 when frozen because of an app:
- Press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Things to Know: Restart Your iPhone When Frozen or Untouched Screen
There are some facts about restarting your frozen iPhone. Let’s check it out in the following numbers below!
- Your data. If you force restart your iPhone 11 with the usual method (soft reset/ it has been explained above), you will not lose your data. Therefore, do not be afraid of losing some pictures, documents, videos, etc. You do not need to reinstall some applications, too.
- Easy to do. To restart your iPhone 11, you just need to do some simple instructions. Plus, it spends your time for less than a minute! It must be fast, isn’t it?
- Phone’s performance. Restarting your device will not make it works slower. If your iPhone works slower, it means you have limited storage so that you need to delete your data. Or, you could also relocate it if you wish.
- While your phone is frozen and you’re dealing with this problem, stay in touch with voicemail.
Hard reset and DFU mode
By the way, those steps mentioned above are ways to restart any iPhone when frozen with a soft reset. You could also do the hard reset or even the factory reset but it requires some complicated instructions.
But be careful with the data! The hard reset and the rollback to factory settings can erase all your data! Happy trying!