You probably have a huge number of friends on the social network Facebook that you would like to add to your iPhone notebook, but it is quite difficult to do this manually. If you have ever tried to sync Facebook contacts to your iPhone yourself, you probably haven’t had much fun with the process. Did you know that you have the ability to sync Facebook contacts to your iPhone phonebook automatically? How to sync Facebook contacts to iPhone ios 11?
It’s not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. Thanks to the official Facebook app for iPhone, this makes the process as easy as possible.
In addition to synchronizing phone numbers, the Facebook app also allows you to upload photos from the profile of a particular user. In this way, you will be able to supplement your contacts in your address book with images of your contacts.
How to Sync Facebook Contacts to iPhone IOS 11
So, what do you need to do to sync Facebook contacts with your iPhone phonebook?
Download the official Facebook for iPhone from the App Store. If you already have this app installed, make sure you’ve downloaded all the available updates. The fact is that the developers are constantly improving their brainchild, which means that an even newer version of the Fb app will be available today.
Launch the Facebook application and click on the menu button, which is located in the upper left corner.
In the list that appears, find the “Friends” item. You’ll see a list of all the users you’ve friended.
Now click on the button that is located in the upper right corner. You will see a small menu that prompts you to find this or that contact or sync Facebook contacts. Select the second option.
In the window that appears, confirm the sync Facebook contacts and sync iPhone contacts, as well as change the necessary settings to your liking. After that, all your Facebook contacts will be synchronized with your iPhone phonebook.
Once the Facebook contacts download is complete you can open your phonebook and click on any new contact. You’ll see that the Facebook app has automatically sync Facebook contacts first and last name, picture, birthday information and link to the Fb profile.
Sync Facebook contacts to iPhone IOS 11
If you sync Facebook contacts, all of your contacts will be updated with profile pictures (to maintain smartphone cameras top-notch performance, it’s wise to purchase a quality iPhone 11 pro camera protector), email addresses, and other information from Facebook.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select the “Facebook” menu item.
- At the very bottom, you’ll find “Update all your Facebook contacts ” (see screenshot). If you select this item, your iPhone contacts will be updated with their Facebook information.
Synchronize Facebook Events and Birthdays with iPhone Calendar
Another useful syncing Facebook contacts feature introduced with iOS6 is syncing your iPhone calendar with your Facebook contacts birthdays. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Facebook:
- Activate your Facebook account. To access your calendar app, turn the switch from OFF to ON:
- Open your Calendar app and tap the Calendar button on the upper left side:
- Two new calendars will now appear under Facebook: Facebook events and birthdays
Now you will never miss an event again and always wish your Facebook friends a happy birthday in time!
AddressBookSync – Synchronize Contacts App With Facebook
If you have a large number of Facebook friends, you can use a little free program called AddressBookSync to sync Facebook contacts’ pictures and birthdays to your Mac’s address book. This is especially useful when you have an iPhone, because once sync contacts photos will appear on the screen when they call.
It should be noted right away that phone numbers and e-mail will not be sync Facebook contacts, because the rules of the latter do not allow you to do so.
After starting the program, you should enter your Facebook login and password, after which the program will pull out all contacts and by name and surname will determine which of them match those that are already in the address book.
Select it you want to sync Facebook contacts and click Sync to Address Book.
It is also possible to sync Facebook contacts to the address book, if they are not already there. To do this, go to the Unmatched tab and select the ones you want to sync Facebook contacts.
As you can see, the process of synchronizing Facebook contacts with the iPhone phonebook is very simple and will only take you a few minutes of your free time.
Bonus Tip: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Computer Easily and Sync Facebook Contacts
Advantages: With iTunes backup, you can access your information without the internet – even if you’re in the middle of nowhere. Moreover, it is one of the fastest options to save almost all data from the iPhone.
Disadvantages: it’s a pity, but you can’t back up or restore your data without a computer if you want to. Backing up information from a large iPad Pro to a MacBook 12” looks especially ridiculous. Plus, the copy takes up quite a lot of disk space, which is quite noticeable on Macs with small SSDs.
What you can save: almost everything except content from the App Store and iTunes Store (it will be downloaded via the Internet), content synced via iTunes (imported audio recordings and so on), photos saved in clouds (e.g. iCloud photostream), Touch ID and Apple Pay settings. Note that some data needs to be backed up with a password protection.
How to do it: it’s simple – just go to iTunes, click on the device tab, and click a single button to create a copy or restore it.
iTunes Alternatives for Backups Using iMazing as an Example
Advantages: you can use them not only to access data without the Internet, but also to feel like a real geek who uses more than just standard software. In addition, alternatives can be more convenient in some specific cases – for example, to quickly save photos to your hard drive.
Disadvantages: for all the backup processes you still need a computer, which you do not always have access to.
What can be saved: almost the same amount of data that iTunes saves (but different applications may have their own nuances).
How to do it: in most cases, iTunes alternatives create or restore a backup with the click of a button or two (e.g., iMazing). But each option may have its own nuances – in some solutions you can save messages, contacts or other data separately.
Facebook Problems and Solutions on iPhone on iOS 11
Some have said that Facebook does not work on iOS 11.2/11.1, while others have also complained that Facebook has malfunctioned. The reasons for these problems could be incompatible software products, outdated versions of apps, poor network connectivity, etc. Here we list common Facebook problems and their solutions and Facebook contact sync.
Common Problems with Facebook
- Can’t load/open Facebook on iPhone. When you have installed a new version of iOS on your iPhone, Facebook will not open or respond at all after tapping the app icon. Some users report that Facebook won’t open in safari.
- Facebook has crashed. The Facebook app often closes as soon as you open it. The screen will disappear and then you will return to the home screen. Unfortunately, the Facebook app crashes very often when playing videos, and this problem is not easily fixable even if you have updated to the latest iOS 11.2.
- Facebook notifications do not work. Facebook notifications are not working properly, this is another problem after updating to iOS 11. Normally, when a new notification appears, the iPhone will vibrate and light up on the home screen to remind you to check. But when the notification doesn’t work, you won’t be able to respond to it instantly.
- The iPhone drains quickly after starting Facebook. The battery drops quickly after starting Facebook just for a while? You are not alone here. This problem occurs when the update and location features of the Facebook background app are enabled.
- Facebook is not updating the news feed / contacts on the iPhone. Not being able to get the newsfeed and update a contact is another problem on Facebook. The main cause of this problem may be the router and network, but a software conflict will also cause updating errors.
Ways to Solve for Facebook Problems
- Forcing the app to shut down and start up again. Whenever Facebook crashes or hangs , you can force yourself out of it by pressing the “home” button twice and expanding the preview of the app to close it. Then reopen Facebook to see if it’s working now.
- Check your iPhone’s network connection. There are many problems caused by bad network connections, make sure the Wi-Fi is working fine on your iPhone. If you encounter Facebook not updating a new feed, a profile picture, or no messages or comments, turn off the wireless network and turn it back on. You can also use cellular data to update Facebook.
- Forcibly reboot your iPhone. As we all know a hard reboot will fix many problems on the iPhone, you can also try it when Facebook is not working on your iPhone. Read on: about Soft reset, Hard reset, and Factory reset.
- Uninstall the Facebook app and install it again. To do this, find the app on the home screen, tap and hold until the X appears. Tap on it and the app will be uninstalled. Go to the App Store, find the Facebook app, download and install it on your iPad.
- Updating Facebook. Facebook won’t open on your iPhone? The old version of Facebook may not be fully compatible with the new iOS 11.2/11.1. Try updating the app from the App Store. Open the App Store and tap “Updates” to get the latest version of Facebook.
Tips and Tricks for Using Facebook on iPhone
Disabling video autoplay
Watching videos in the Facebook account newsfeed is the main entertainment for users of the social network. However, it’s not always possible to watch videos nonstop: the Internet package on your data plan is quickly used up, and free Wi-Fi can’t be found.
Facebook account has introduced an “auto-play” feature for videos in news feeds and articles, which is not always appropriate and wastes your traffic aimlessly. It’s not easy to turn this feature off in the Facebook, so here’s how to do it.
- Click “More” and select “Settings.”
- From the drop-down menu, select “Account Settings.”
- Wait for the web page to load. From the list, select “Video and Photos.
- In “Video Settings,” select “AutoPlay.
Tap Disable Video Autorun
- Using a password to authenticate to Facebook account
- If you’re not always logged into Facebook, there’s an easier way to do it – use a 4-digit password.
- Sometimes you will get a message to enable this feature in the login window.
- To enable the option, click “More” and select “Exit”.
- You will see a window with a picture of your profile in front of you. Click on the gear icon and select “Add Code Password”. Come up with a 4-digit one and enter it into the box. Go back and click on your profile picture, the app will ask you to enter your 4-digit password.
- How to hide notifications in your newsfeed
- One of the handy features of the Facebook app is the “Notifications” menu item, which displays all updates. But even there, it’s very easy to get confused.
Go to the “Notifications” menu, slide the news to the left: you can “Hide” the notification or click “More.” In “More” you can block notifications of a certain page, groups, and so on.