In this post, you will learn how to factory reset iPhone 11 that is really useful for you. You will do it by yourself before sell or give your phone to another person.
It will prevent your account and also all of the document that you have. But before reset your iPhone, it is better for you to backup all of the data and you will restore again after reset process done. Ok, here we go.
What is Factory Reset?
Factory reset basically resets your phone to the way it was when you first purchased it. This means your iPhone 11 will be formatted during the process and all data stored on it will be completely erased.
Besides that, this process is also an effective to solve the problem when your iPhone froze because of unidentified problem. Use the phone for a long time absolutely make the performance getting worst. Reset the iPhone 11 also will make the storage space clean from many caches that make your iPhone 11 run slower.
Important: Make a backup copy!
Keep in mind that a factory reset wipe out everything from your iPhone. Make sure that all of your photos, documents, music, and more are saved to the iCloud. Check that all your backups are up to date.
4 Ways to reset your phone to factory defaults
Luckily Apple has provided several ways to reset iPhone 11 to its factory settings. And it works for all devices, including iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Here are these options one by one:
- How to reset your iPhone 11 to default settings;
- Factory Reset iPhone 11 via iTunes;
- How to reset iPhone 11 if you forgot your password;
- Factory Reset via Recovery Mode.
#1 How to factory reset iPhone 11 via settings app
If you know your Apple ID code and password, the most basic and standard reset with the built-in tool will work for you. It is built into iOS by default and allows you to reset your iPhone to factory defaults in seconds.
This way you can delete all the data from your smartphone’s memory, leaving absolutely nothing behind. That’s exactly what you need if you’re selling it.
Steps to factory reset Apple iPhone 11
- The first thing that must you do iPhone 11 hard reset is going to Settings > General > Reset.
- After that choose to Erase All Content and Settings.
- In this section, you need to enter the passcode if you use it before.
- A warning box will appear with some option.
- Choose the option to erase iPhone in red by Tap this.
- Let’s enter your Apple ID password to confirm the action.
- After that, the iPhone will erase everything off from the storage and go back to the basic setup screen like when you first used the device.
To reset iPhone 11 with different options
If you want to soft reset or hard reset iPhone 11, please do the steps to factory reset iPhone 11 carefully to prevent your phone from failure. After the reset process is finished, you can sell or give your iPhone to another person without worry someone will hack your social media account and your private data. Besides that, you can use another way to reset your Apple iPhone by using the iTunes.
#2 How to factory reset iPhone 11 via iTunes
Resetting your iPhone via iTunes looks useless if you know its password. However, there are situations when it is not enough to unlock your smartphone to reset it to its factory settings. Let’s say your iPhone is frozen or its screen is damaged. In this case, you won’t be able to perform the manipulations described in the previous instruction.
iTunes algorithm to reset iPhone 11
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the cable;
- Run iTunes or Finder, depending on the iOS version;
- Select Restore iPhone in the window that appears;
- Confirm the reset and wait until ready.
#3 How to restore iPhone 11 to factory settings without password
But it’s easy to reset your iPhone with settings app only if you have a passcode. If you happen to forget it, you’ll need to use third-party software.
The best way to handle this is to use iPhone Unlocker software. There are dozens of such utilities, some are free, some ask for rewards for full functionality. We are preparing a special article about the best of them. Stay tuned for News and Update!
The advantage of such programs is that they do not require any activity or even performance from your iPhone, and from you – the unlock password or access to your Apple ID account. Softwares to unlock your iPhone are available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Procedure for resetting iPhone 11 without password
- Run the utility and follow its steps.
- When ready, connect the iPhone 11 to your computer with its cable.
- When your iPhone is detected, check the device information.
- Start and follow the utility’s suggested steps.
- Tap erase iPhone or unlock button to wipe all data and perform a factory reset.
#4 Default settings via Recovery Mode
This reset iPhone 11 method is often used if a device is damaged, stuck in a reboot cycle or its screen does not respond. Recovery mode allows you to work with the iOS to fix all the errors and update the firmware.
Recovery mode is often confused with DFU mode. DFU is iOS recovery with a full formatting and installation of the latest Apple firmware, while Recovery means restoration of system files from the original firmware or backup. DFU mode should be used only if the user cannot update the firmware using normal methods.
How to enter recovery mode in iPhone 11
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery screen.
To enter recovery mode, continue to hold the side button even after the Apple logo appears. Release it only after the recovery mode screen appears. It may take up to 12 seconds.
Summarizing all of this, now you know exactly how to factory reset your iPhone 11. To reset iPhone, you can perform various ways, from a soft restart to a full rollback to the state of the box. Hopefully, with a factory resetting, you have completely solved any issues with your iPhone 11. All of these methods work with iPhone model 11 as well as any newer than 7.